14.10.09

Where were you?

Drafted 26th June 2009

24 hours after the news broke about Michael Jackson’s death the feeling has still not registered to me. I’m in a bar and the dj is playing tributes to him by playing his music.

It was about 23:00 yesterday when my girlfriend text me saying Michael Jackson has died. I was sitting at my pc working with the TV on in the background. The 22:00 news had just finished and there was no mention of it so I just thought it was a sick text joke doing the rounds. I deleted it and carried on working.

About 20mins later she text again and told me to put the news on. I dint reply to her, instead I just looked trough the available cable news channels and Internet sites to find nothing. At this point I called her to tell her some one was joking with her. She knows I was a big MJ fan from my childhood. When she could get a word in sideways, she told me to log onto www.tmz.com where I saw the news breaking for myself

It’s hard to imagine a world without MJ, and I’d never met him!

No comments:

Post a Comment