14.10.09

Creative review - Josh Cole

Drafted November 2008

I saw this image whist looking through the Creative review photograph annual 2008. I like photography as it can capture so much emotion and feeling of the time within just the image. There in no text or graphics on these photos but by looking at them stirs your own emotions. These photos made me start to wonder about the emotions these people have and made me want to look into their eyes.

Although these images were staged for this shoot, in reality these people would live like this. To them this photo shoot was properly a way of showing off or enhancing their power amongst their community.

I bet these people did not just decide one day this is the life they wanted to live, I believe it’s often a result of something missing in their lives.

This type of photography flues the media fire of teenage gangs. But the question needs to be asked, “Whilst these

people are out in this way, I wonder what their parents are doing?”

One day these people will look back at these, I wonder what they will be thinking then? What value did they place on their own lives then and in the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment